Future Nation Schools Fleurhof campus is situated in the Johannesburg West Region at Fleurhof Extension 27. The campus is within the reach of the west side of Soweto (Meadowlands, Orlando East and West and Dobsonville), Florida and Roodepoort.
Our Pre-school uses a multilingual Montessori model with a self-teaching approach where students are guided at their own pace. Students are categorised into a toddler group and a 3-5 year group. The students are also exposed to English as the language of teaching and learning and isiZulu as the First Additional Language.
The Work Cycle
We have uninterrupted work cycles of no less than 3 hours. It is imperative that the child is given the opportunity to develop his/her concentration through meaningful work, free from adult interruption or intervention. This time should exclude all group activities. Each child is working at his/her own pace within a mixed aged grouping. This allows for the natural inclusion of children as the pace of learning is based on the child’s potential.
The Prepared Environment
Our environment is clean, neat, ordered, and well equipped with Montessori equipment and materials. These are accessible to the children – at their height and sets are always complete and in good condition. This is a reflection of the home and is aesthetically pleasing.
A well-prepared environment is based on reality and nature. The learning areas for practical life, sensorial, language, Mathematics, cultural subjects and areas for art, creative expression and music activities, and a free flow to garden/outdoor activities support the child’s development for physical independence.
The Trained Staff
Our staff have both Montessori and/or ECD qualifications. They create a well–prepared environment and atmosphere of learning to move students from one activity and level to the next. They often step back while the children are working, allowing them to learn from their own discoveries and to draw their own conclusions.
Foundation Phase comprises of Grade R, 1, 2 and 3, and we implement the following model:
- The language of learning and teaching for Mathematics and Life Skills is English.
- English is offered at the Home language level.
- The First Additional Language is isiZulu.
- Introduction to computer skills.
- Integration of African indigenous knowledge into all of our teaching and extra murals, where possible.
- The classroom is structured in different stations where we accommodate individual students’ abilities and learning paces.
- The class sizes range from 1 teacher with 30 students or 1 teacher with an Academic advisor with 35 students.
- Introduction of physical manipulation of equipment for skills and motor development.
- Implementation of positive discipline through Restorative Justice principles.
- PBL as the process of learning.
- Adoption of an interdisciplinary approach to the teaching of English, Mathematics and Life skills.
Intermediate Phase is made up of Grades 4, 5 and 6, with the following 7 subjects offered, 6 of which are CAPS aligned:
- English as Home Language
- isiZulu and Afrikaans as First Additional Languages
- Natural Sciences and Technology
- Life Skills
- Social Sciences
The curriculum also incorporates African indigenous knowledge.
Our teaching is enhanced by PBL which is a method of teaching where students gain knowledge and skills by working on a project over an extended period of time where they are to question, investigate, research and/or design and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem and/or challenge.
The students are encouraged to enquire and research during the learning and teaching process.
The students buy their own tablets onto which eBooks are loaded.
The school has full connectivity via Wi-Fi with strong firewalls for prevention of access to uneducational material.
The classes are equipped with either interactive boards or data projectors.
The type of furniture the school has encourages collaboration as it can be moved and reconfigured into many different working spaces.
The students are involved in a wide range of extra-mural activities.
Senior phase comprises of Grades 7, 8 and 9, and FET phase is made up of Grades 10, 11 and 12. In 2019, only Grade 10 is offered. Grades 11 and 12 will be offered in years 2020 and 2021, respectively. Our High School model is as follows:
- We teach the CAPS curriculum and will write the IEB examinations in Grade 12.
- Our teaching is enhanced by Project-Based Learning which is a method of teaching in which students gain knowledge and skills by working on a project for an extended period of time where they are to question, investigate, research and/or design and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem and/or challenge.
- Our model is technology-focused; we teach using eBooks, interactive boards and different applications in the teaching and learning environment. Our students are required to have tablets as tools for learning and research.
- We also offer Leadership and Entrepreneurship in order to prepare our students for the real world.
- We incorporate African Studies across all subjects with the aim of emphasizing African culture, arts, economics and leadership.
- We do a wide range of sporting and cultural extra-curricular activities to cater to the interests of our students.
Intermediate Phase: Grade 4 - 6
FET Phase: Grade 10 - 12
- Fees can be paid annually, bi-annually (half-yearly), once a term or monthly.
- All fees are payable in advance.
- Monthly payments are strictly by debit order and over a 10 months period starting from January to end of October.
- Monthly payments are due before the 1st of the month and strictly by debit order.
- Download debit order form here
- Annual upfront payment discount = 8%
- Bi-annual (half-yearly) payment discount = 5%
- First sibling discount = 3%
- Second sibling discount = 7.5%
- Third sibling discount = 12%
Future Nation Pre-schools:
18 months to 5 years: 07:00- 13:30
Future Nation Schools:
- Foundation Phase (Grades R – 3): 07:30- 13:30
- Intermediate Phase (Grades 4 – 6): 07:20 – 15:30
- Senior Phase (Grades 7 – 9): 07:20 – 16:30
- FET Phase (Grades 10 -12): 07:20 – 16:30
Aftercare is available for Pre-schools and Foundation Phase students: 13:30 -17:30
Penalty fee for late child collection: R100 per 5 minutes
- Phone number: 011 085 5750
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corner Halite and Hyacinth Roads