Mr Luthi started his teaching career at Tulip Combined School in Roodepoort where he was teaching Geography for the Further Education and Training. In 2005 he received an award for the most improved subject in the entire district for Geography Higher Grade.
In his first five years of teaching at Roodepoort, he was appointed as Head of Social Sciences Department, provincial moderator of School Based Assessment (Gauteng) and provincial Grade 12 marker for Geography (Gauteng).
In 2009 he joined Victory House as a Geography and Social Sciences head teacher, where he was also appointed a grade tutor for the Grade 10 students. He was awarded as the top Geography teacher in the district for 2 years in a row.
While at Victory House, he was appointed as Provincial Senior Marker and later Deputy Chief Marker for Geography. In 2011 Mr Luthi was appointed as the Johannesburg West district subject adviser for Geography in 42 schools. Under his tenure, the district’s results in Geography improved from 76% to 91% in 2013.
He was also one of the authors of the Mind the Gap Study Guide for Geography that was published by Department of Basic Education. In 2014 he was appointed as the Deputy Chief Education Specialist for Teacher Development, where he was responsible for the professional development of teachers in the Johannesburg West district.
In 2017 he was appointed the Head of School at the Future Nation Schools’ Fleurhof Campus.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wits University (Majored in Geography and International relations.)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education from UNISA (Majored in Geography and Social Sciences)
- Numerous Certificates
- Certificate in Geographical Information Systems
- Certificate in ICT in Education
- Certificate in Coaching and Mentorship
- Certificate in Assessment
- Certificate in Teaching with Technology
- Microsoft Certified Educator
- A number of certificates in Teaching with Smart Notebook.
- Currently pursuing his Honours Degree with the University of Johannesburg in Education Leadership and Management.